Decoding the Salesforce Language
At Tech2, we understand Salesforce; we speak with clients who work with Salesforce; and we interface with professionals in Salesforce roles who are ingrained in Salesforce technology.
It is a community unto itself.
If you’re new to Salesforce, this glossary can help familiarize you with some language used in the Salesforce Ecosystem
Our concise Salesforce glossary can help with deciphering the distinct language of the Salesforce ecosystem and how to find the right Salesforce professional to add to your team.
What type of Salesforce Professional would be best suited for your organization’s needs?
- Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Business Analyst
- Salesforce Developer
- Salesforce Functional Consultant
- Salesforce Platform Manager
- Salesforce Solution Architect
- Salesforce Technical Architect
Common Salesforce Terms
Not to be confused with the many glossaries and technical help guides designed for users, developers, customers, etc., this glossary is a high-level overview of the many terms and services you might hear in relation to Salesforce:
- Admin 201: Administration Essentials for New Admins (ADM201) is a comprehensive hands-on course for new Salesforce Administrators.
- AppExchange: a marketplace offering solutions, such as apps, components, and consulting services as part of the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Badges: a representation of a finished module, project, or superbadge on Trailhead. These badges illustrate general knowledge in a specific topic area. A superbadge represents real-world proficiency in that discipline.
- Chatter: an enterprise social network for business allowing employees, partners, and customers to communicate and produce in a secure social environment.
- Connections: an annual digital marketing, commerce, and service conference for Salesforce users who want to learn how to build better constituent experiences through personalized, seamless engagement.
- Dreamforce: an annual four-day event that brings together the entire Salesforce community. It’s an experience that celebrates Trailblazers and customer success. Dreamforce is where Trailblazers from all over the world gather to share their stories, their successes, and learn from each other.
- Ecosystems: The vast, connected web of other companies, products, and partners who exist because of Salesforce. The ecosystem is built upon four main engagement and collaboration models: customers, App Exchange, Salesforce partners, and Salesforce developers.
- Lightning: the future of the Salesforce platform and user experience, a new UI (user interface) that empowers customers to move faster, do more, and be more productive through reimagined classic features and boosted features available.
- NPSP: Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is a nonprofit data model for fundraising and program management, built with a holistic view of every constituent.
- Sales Cloud: an all-in-one sales automation tool and CRM that can manage leads, track progress, and automate sales processes, combining the abilities of many other tools.
- SFDC: the acronym for Salesforce.com.
- Trailblazers: Salesforce users, pioneers, and lifelong learners within the Salesforce Ohana (Hawaiian word for family) who are innovating their companies through the platform and sharing knowledge with other users.
- Trailhead: a Salesforce learning experience platform with a library of educational content accessible 24/7.